Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thai Grilled Chicken with Sweet Chili Sauce

I really like Andrea Nguyen's Into the Vietnamese Kitchen and enjoy reading her blog.  A few days ago she posted a recipe for Thai Grilled Chicken with Sweet Chile Sauce.  A cilantro, garlic, fish sauce marinade flavors the chicken, and the Chile Sauce adds a sweet and sour note.  The recipes are on her blog.

I'm still cooking for a 10-year old, so I did a major substitution for the Fresno Chiles she uses in her Sweet Chile Sauce.  I planted some "Fooled You" jalapenos in the garden again this year.  They look like a jalapeno, they taste like a jalapeno, but they have no heat.  I harvested 4 ounces of the chiles that had ripened to a nice red color.  So my Sweet Chili sauce had the flavor of the chiles without any heat.

I cooked up a couple of leg/thighs and some boneless, skinless thighs.  I served the chicken with some grilled eggplant.  Really good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment