Friday, January 18, 2008

Mongolian Pork

This is one of our semi-regular dinners. The recipe is from Cindy Pawlcyn's Mustards Napa Valley Cookbook. Whenever center cut pork loin chops go on sale, I think of this dish. These are grilled pork chops that have been marinated in a Hoisin Sauce based marinade. They are best when marinated overnight. The recipe calls for bone-in center-cut double chops but these are never on sale so I go for the boneless version.

The recipe suggests serving with Braised Red Cabbage (recipe in the book), and Mashed Potatoes. I always make mashed potatoes, but I make Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes at the suggestion of Judy Rodgers from the Zuni Cafe. She writes that she normally doesn't use leftover mashed potatoes. But she likes to make a simple potato soup out of leftover mashed potatoes made with buttermilk. I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment